Make KVM is your Number One choice in network accessories when you require items with High quality, reliable CAT6 Unshielded cable - perfect for your 10/100 or Gigabit network. These cables can be used to connect a patch panel to a 10/100/1000 Ethernet Hub/Switch.
As streaming media applications such as video and multi-media become common place, the demands for faster data rates will increase and spawn new applications that will benefit from the higher bandwidth offered by Category 6. This is exactly what happened in the early ’90s when the higher bandwidth of Category 5 cabling compared to Category 3 caused most local area network (LAN) applications to choose the better media to allow simpler, cost effective, higher speed LAN applications, such as 100BASE-TX. It is also important to note that cabling infrastructure is generally considered a 10 year investment as opposed to two or three years for electronics. Work has already started on 10G BASE-T, and Category 5e cabling is not being considered. With additional throughput requirements right around the corner, it makes sense to plan ahead.
Features and Specifications:
- UTP CAT6 Ethernet cables are made to the highest standard in the industry.
- LAN Cables make it easy to connect all the hardware destinations on your Local Area Network (LAN).
- This High-Quality Cable is perfect for use with 10Base-T, 100Base-T, and Gigabit Ethernet Networks.
- The 50-Micron Gold Plated Connectors maintain High Bandwidth and Maximum Data Signal Integrity.
- Designed-in Snag-Less moldings for Easy Installation.
- Made from Lead-Free & Environmentally Safe Materials for a Better World.
- A range of lengths from 25cm to 10 Metres, in a variety of ten different colours.
- Can also be used to connect a hub/switch directly to a network card in your computer.
- Our CAT6 Ethernet Cables are the best choice for all your networking needs. Note: Bandwidth is defined as the highest frequency up to which positive power sum ACR (attenuation-to-crosstalk ratio) is greater than zero.
- Connector: 50-micron gold plated RJ45 Male to Male Conductor:
- 4-pair 24 AWG Stranded UTP Jacket: PVC
- Quality snagless connector Molded boot provides extra strain-relief and durability Foil shielding with drain wire.
- Designed for: Network Adapters, Hubs, Switches, Routers, DSL/Cable Modems, Patch Panels and other twisted-pair applications in high-noise environments
- Frequency: 500 MHz
- Lifetime Warranty NOTE: All CAT6 components must be backward compatible with CAT5e, CAT5, and CAT3.
- If different category components are used with CAT6 components, then the channel will achieve the transmission performance of the lower category. For instance, if CAT6 cable is used with CAT5e jacks, the channel will perform at a CAT5e level.