Adder AV2DVI Features:
- Digital quality for modern monitors: DVI interface, which is fully supported by the AdderView DVI, enables the video picture to be transferred from the digital computer to the digital monitor without the inevitable loss of quality caused by unnecessary analog conversions.
- Reliable KVM switching: Exact pixel to pixel digital video transfer and maximum bandwidth support ensures that you will never have to compromise on video quality. Fully electronic switching ensures that video performance will not degrade with use and Display Data Channel support enables optimal video driver configuration.
- Innovative technology: enables high quality digital flat panel displays to be shared between several computers by using innovative digital circuitry that is crafted to operate at the very high signaling speeds demanded by DVI video.
- Computers may be selected using the front panel key, keyboard hotkeys, a three-button mouse or wheel mouse, RS232 data commands or the optional remote controller.
- Controls: Front panel key for computer selection. Numerical display shows selected computer and keyboard/mouse activity. Optional remote controller connects to side. Base-mounted reset and option switches.
- Operation mode / cascadability: The keyboard, mouse and video are switched together so that the keyboard and mouse are controlling the computer whose video is currently displayed on the monitor. Non-selected ports emulate the action of the keyboard and mouse so that the computer operates normally. The AdderView DVI may be used to control more than 4 computers by connecting a computer port of one unit to the control port of another unit in a tree-like cascade.
The Digital Visual Interface is the next generation in display technology.
Over the years computers have got more and more powerful, and are taking up less and less space. Until recently the same could not be said of display technology. The traditional CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) style of monitor is basically the same as is used in your TV. This ensured that computer monitors often took up a quarter of your deskspace! Plus the system inherently suffers from at least some level of distortion. With the latest flatscreen technology, images are transferred digitally from a DVI enabled computer. The picture is made up from thousands of discrete pixels ensuring picture perfect, very high resolution image control.
The Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is the new standard for this form of image transfer.
The ADDERView DVI is the world's first electronic KVM switch to allow full access to this exciting new technology.
Most connectors are rear mounted to ensure a neat installation and are colour coded according to the PC99 specification for easy identification. Keyboard and mouse ports use 6 pin mini-DIN female connectors. Video ports use standard 24-way DVI-D connectors. Options port is side mounted and uses 15-way standard D-type connector with proprietary pin allocation. DC power connector provided for video-only and other special applications where interface powering is not possible.
- Front panel key for computer selection.
- Numerical display shows selected computer and keyboard/mouse activity.
- Optional remote controller connects to side.
- Base-mounted reset and option switches.
Computers may be selected using the front panel key, keyboard hotkeys, a three-button mouse or wheel mouse, RS232 data commands or the optional remote controller. The hotkeys are selectable and are designed to be quick-fire using a minimum number of key presses. The mouse may be used to select the next or previous computer by holding down the centre button whilst pressing the left or right button. Both keyboard hotkey and mouse switching may be independently disabled if required. When cycling through channels using the mouse or the hotkeys the user may configure the ADDERView to select all ports or just the ports that have powered PCs attached. RS232 switching is useful for automated operation and the remote controller provides a convenient control method without locating the ADDERView on the desk.
More Information: Visit Adder.com http://www.Adder.com/uk/products/ADDERViewDVI.aspx
||1.9 in. (50 mm.)
||9 in. (230 mm.)
||6.6 in. (170 mm.)
||Power drawn from attached computers. Optional power socket available for video only applications
||1600 x 1200 at 60Hz
|Keyboard & Mouse
||6 pin mini-DIN female connectors
||Standard 24-way DVI-D connectors
||Side mounted and uses 15-way standard D-type connector with proprietary pin allocation
||Automatic mode emulation and NUM / CAPS / SCROLL updates ensures that the keyboard is always in the expected state.
||The controlling PS/2 style mouse plugs directly into the AdderView. 2 and 3 button formats are supported.
||Two single-link DVI ports operating up to 165MHz the full DVI Specification, VESA DDC2B signalling supported.
||Flash upgradeable to support new devices by connecting a computer's serial port to the options port and running a download program.
||Software independent operation ensures very wide compatibility that includes Windows 3.X, WFWG, 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, DOS, Unix, Linux, NetWare, OS/2 and BSD.
||Hardware compatible with desktop and laptop PCs, RS6000, SGI and DEC Alphas.
||Complies with European directive 89/336/EEC. CE marked. FCC class A compliant.
No videos available For this product